You are currently browsing the monthly archive for January 2014.
Stepping into 2014, I feel a renewed energy and happiness that my district is traveling down the road to awesome!
There were a lot of awesome events in 2013 including:
- Completing the roll out of our 1TWO1 computing initiative for over 21,000 students
- Starting up the R2 Innovates incubator with an awesome two day workshop with Ewan McIntosh as a virtual facilitator
- Celebrating being on the road to awesome with our new superintendent and the focus on learning, community, character and joy
- Working with an awesome team
- Implementation of CCSS and integration of digital resources into content areas
- Leveraging Google Apps and other web resources for student learning including WeVideo, VoiceThread, Discovery Streaming, LucidChart, and Hapara Teacher Dasboard
- Hosting site visits with over 150 visitors from around the US
- A successful technology leadership series
- Hosting the 2nd annual SC Midlands Summit
- Meeting many others who are on similar journeys through my PLN and conferences like the International 1:1 Computing Conference
- Oh, and I worked a LOT
As I enter into 2014, I’m excited about continuing on the journey. I look forward to lots of things:
- Helping our R2 Innovates teams get started with innovations
- Continuing to work with teachers to fully integrate our digital resources into 21st century learning environments
- Delving deeper with the new technology leadership series and a focus on 21st century skills and the CCSS
- Connecting some of our families with home Internet access through Kajeet
- Further developing my PLN with new global connections
- Hosting the third annual SC Midlands Summit
- Creating online courses with new tools like Versal
- Continuing to learn through participation in conferences, webinars, and reading
I look forward to sharing my experiences in 2014 as my district continues on the road to awesome!